Well.
It's been awhile.
And I have lots to share.
We lost our internet connection for about a week after Hurricane Irene, and I think my blog writing groove went with it.
![]() |
| This is some of the fun we had while we lost our power during Irene! |
Anyway, our big news is that we're moving!! We're relocating ourselves a few miles down the road.
We're going to miss the little house we're renting now, but have decided to move with the goal of saving to one day purchase a house, as well as pay off any debt we might acquire from selling the house we still own in Albuquerque.
With that said, some things we're really looking forward to: being seconds from NASA! It's right across the street, and Matt could walk if he wanted. (He's thinking of biking, actually.) We'll also be slightly closer to church, friends, shopping, etc.
However, we're going to have to downsize a bit to make living in an apartment work... we're losing space for a guest room (sorry future guests!) and in general it's going to be a tight squeeze to make everything else work. Good thing we really like each other!
With this move on the horizon, coupled with Sam's possible allergies, we've decided to find Toby a new home. This was a hard decision to come make, but God has been gracious. A sweet couple with the Collie Rescue took him in last week, and we've slowly been adjusting to not having him around. We're thankful that Lisa is young enough to have been spared a lot - much still goes over her head.
I'll try to occasionally update the blog in between packing boxes, finishing projects (I've just finished sanding and painting my desk, and have a few more painting projects in mind before we move), adjusting to our new schedule (MOPS and Biblestudy start up this week!), and keeping up with the girls. Sam is into everything these days! Can't wait to post pictures of her crawling and standing!


Sorry about Toby : ( I'm sure he'll have fun in his new home too, but it's really hard to give up a dog.
ReplyDeleteMy blog posting (and more especially reading) groove got thrown off for even longer. I'm glad to see all of these cute pictures now that I'm flipping through again. I hope your moving goes well!