Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

An Unexpected Blessing

Hello All!

It's been a while - a long while - since I've posted anything! But we've been here, mostly at home, and for the 2 people who might not know yet, I'll let the girls tell you our big news:


This is the video we uploaded to facebook to tell all our friends that we're expecting baby #3!
Lisa was pretty excited to talk about it - although I'm not sure she really gets what a baby in my tummy really means. I think she will when I start showing a little more. And Sam's doing her trademark: 'I'm going to drink this entire cup of milk in one breath because I'm not sure when my next meal will be' move. It cracks me up everytime I watch this video.

And yes, we were just a little surprised to find out ourselves! Thus the 'unexpected' part. I actually took an at home pregnancy test the evening of my birthday - just to rule it out - we were that sure I couldn't be pregnant! But I guess God has other (better) plans for us, and as we've adjusted to the news, we are all really looking forward to meeting this little one in October!

Baby at 8 weeks
Baby at 10 weeks

For the past few months, I've been hanging out at home a lot, trying not to let this baby slowly kill me. I've been having near-fatal morning sickness (self-diagnosed), and as a result, Matt has become both mom and dad, cook, grocery shopper, and doer of all the cleaning & laundry. Oh, and of course, holding down his own job. A better partner I could not have!! I've been on Zofran (miracle anti-nausea drug) that has been a life-saver. But even on it, there were days I would take one step in the kitchen and have to immediately throw-up. So I just quit going into the kitchen. Literally.
Thankfully, it looks like the worst of those really sick days are behind me! I'm just entering my second trimester, and I'm starting to have more good days than bad ones. And I'm hoping that in a matter of weeks, even the bad days might lessen in frequency.

As a result, the girls have become pretty great at entertaining themselves. (I've also let them watch way more tv than I ever thought I would before getting so sick! Funny how things change!)

Here's a few photos of what they've been up to around the house: 
 
 Playing the 'Shopping Game'. One of Lisa's favorites!

I'm going to try and update the blog with some of the fun stuff we've been doing these past few months. (I'm going to try and post-date them, so scroll down if you want to get caught up on everything.) We've got some pretty great pictures from Easter, as well as a fun trip to DC that I'd love to get up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails