"And the angel said to them, 'Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger'." Luke 2:10-12
It is so exciting for us to be able to celebrate this Christmas for the first time with our baby girl! She really does bring us so much joy, it's incredible!
Today, Matt & I are reminded of our Savior's birth, and how truly amazing the joy must have been to those who were able to witness it firsthand! That must have really been incredible!!
As far as the actual happenings of our day: We all were able to sleep in a little (a Christmas miracle!) and when we all got up this morning, we made cinnamon rolls and settled in by our tree to have some fun opening presents with Lisa!
Allow us to relive some of our morning moments with you all: (we might have gone just a little overboard with the pictures and videos - what I'm posting is just the tip of the iceberg!)
Lisa fresh from the bed! We're both in our pjs and morning hair and lovin' it!
We all opened our stockings first, and thanks to her Great-Grandma Crandell, Lisa has an adorable one this year!
She really loves her new baby bible storybook we got her. But we couldn't spend too much time looking at the pictures - we had to keep moving! So many more presents to open!
Getting a little help from Mom with the ribbon.
Trying to open her huge gift from her Grandma & Grandpa Stafford:
Really having fun with what's inside: Tissue Paper!!
"Ooooo - this toy spins and makes noise!! I love it!"
In another gift from her Grandparents were original Raggedy Ann Dolls! Just perfect for our little red-headed girl!
I think I like this bag from my Aunt Tracey....
I do! I LOVE it!! This opening presents thing is AWESOME!!
"Look Mom, cute clothes!"
Finally - a 'Lisa-sized' bag:
"Man, this gift from my Auntie Christy is SO tasty!"
"I knew it had to do with eating - my very own baby-sized silverware! I love this!"
And Toby was not forgotten. He received love in the form of wonderful dog biscuits from his Grandparents in Pittsburgh!
We hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas Day today!!
Lisa is soooo cute! Thanks so much for sharing the pictures and video clips of this morning. It helped make Nana's Christmas very special! See you tomorrow :)
ReplyDelete