Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Sick at Two Months

Wednesday Samantha had her 2 month well check. I brought Lisa along, which actually turned out a lot better than I though it would. Lisa brought her baby for the doctor to look at (VERY eye opening for her!) as well as a backpack full of snacks - so that helped!

It was actually a great day for the visit to be scheduled, as we've all been sharing a cold, which of course Sam ended up catching, and I wanted her doctor to check her out. Dr. Ronda said she was doing great and breathing fine even though her head was congested. (She's up to 10 lbs 2 oz, and is 22 3/4 inches long by the way.) I'm supposed to watch for any breathing problems or high fever - which has put me on edge like nothing else.

This is now the second week (not in a row) that Samantha has been sick, and it just kills me to hear her struggle to breath through her tiny little nose. So I hold her and rock her and get up throughout the night to check on her and remind her that her whole life won't be like this. And it doesn't even matter that I'm exhausted, because it's just part of being a mom. We physically hurt when our babies hurt - a relatively new sensation for me.


Yesterday Sam started coughing, which was awful because it would wake her up constantly. But today - Today is full of grace! Today I think we're all finally getting better! Today I got to see Sam's smile and her dimples and I realize how much I've missed them! And I'm so full of compassion for the mommas out there whose babies are actually sick with things much worse than colds. Today I know that God is Good; the proof is in my babies.


3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry Samantha has been so sick. Yesterday Sarah was dealing with both digestive issues and an earache that cuased serious pain and I cried and freaked out right along with her and asked God for mercy on my impatient soul for the times I lost my temper with my poor sick child. Today is our grace day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear they're feeling better...
    and still looking adorable : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails