I was about to sit down and post a few pictures we took Christmas morning. However, it would be misleading to say morning alone. Christmas this year took all day! And we soaked up every minute!
I'm posting a few photos as well as a few short video clips. We decided to save every gift we received (from family and grandparents) until Christmas day - which helped contribute to the present extravaganza we then experienced.
When Lisa woke up, she laid down on the couch for a second before realizing what was going on. (We're not really morning people...) When she began to put it all together, she couldn't wait to show her sister (who was trapped in her crib). So sweet.
And while so much of Christmas is the giving and receiving of gifts, we also wanted to try and make Christ the center of our day. We started off our morning singing 'Happy Birthday' to Jesus.
Best. Breakfast. Ever.
We then moved on to opening presents - and we had to play with each gift right after it was opened. Oh, the excitement!
(All the girls have matching pajama pants. We opened them Christmas
Eve - all the better to sleep in before Christmas! For some reason,
Matt opted out of the matching pink pants...)
(Sam trying to eat a bow...)
I don't think there was a single thing Lisa or Sam couldn't wait to get their hands on.
Lisa's Baby Alive doll that really goes in diapers, "just like Sam's":
Both girls love this dollhouse - and now they have a house full of accessories to play with:
Lisa got quite a few princess outfits. But it was the jewelry and the shoes that really made her day! I don't think she took those shoes off all day!
Both girls received quite a few wonderful books:
And so did I. Most of my books were in the cookbook format - and I can't wait to start experimenting!
Matt's day was made when he received both a slide rule and a sextant. He can't wait to research and learn how to use both! He's in nerd heaven!
We were all wiped by the end - but I can definetely say everyone had a wonderful Christmas!
Thanks to both sets of parents, all our siblings, and Grandparents - we missed you all and were thinking of you! Hope your Christmas was wonderful too!
"Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11 NIV
Sextant! Ha! I think our husbands have a lot in common. : )
ReplyDelete