Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Our Potty-Training Adventure

Yep, we're officially potty-training!
Lisa in her froggy underwear! The 'exercising frog' pair is her favorite. I don't know why.
It was time! This girl could practically change her own diaper! So, knowing that we didn't have much going on for the next few weeks, we decided to dive right in! 

We started on Saturday, so that we could spend the whole weekend working on it. There were quite a few accidents that day, but also a few successes! She managed to stay dry through naptime, but it was apparently asking too much to make it through the night too. (Which is really our mistake, not hers. After seeing how everything is going for her, plus how long she sleeps at night, I think we're going to start using pull-ups for nights.)

Sunday was kinda cold, so Matt put this little heater in the bathroom (where we were spending a LOT of time), and that seemed to help a lot! (Can you say high-maintenance?!)

Today is more of the same. Only one accident, but a whole lot of successful trips to the potty! I think she's finally getting the idea of how this all works!

[Also, if I've ever complained about all the laundry I have to do with cloth-diapering, I take it back. I'd like to now officially complain about how much laundry I have to do while potty-training. That is all.]

2 comments:

  1. Just be prepared to listen to me complain about my laundry this next week. :) So glad you did it before me so I can learn from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I was just going to send you a little message saying that we've been working on going all by herself - which she really likes. Yesterday afternoon and all today was pretty great. I would just go in and help her wipe. Then this afternoon I brought them in from playing with the sand table and Lisa said she needed to go, so I told her to go ahead. When I went in to help her out, I found she was sitting on the toilet and had gone potty - only she had forgotten to pull down her pants first! Ha! :) Just a little more laundry. ;)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails