Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Lisa’s Nemo Birthday Party

For months, Lisa has been talking about her birthday, and how she wanted to have a ‘Nemo’ Party. So that’s what we did!
 Nemo Lisa (sanitized)
Our friends, the Carney’s, graciously opened up their backyard for us to use for Lisa’s party. We set up a small pool for the ‘babies’ and a bigger one that was outfitted with a slide! We also used the Carney’s sand table and brought along our water table to add to the fun. The majority of the party was spent watching the kids swim in the pool or run around between the different things! baby poolwater tablebeach ball 2men on pool dutybenfun on the slideL going down the slide 2beach ballsarah
Luckily, Tiffany remembered to take some photos of the decorations we put up, because I forgot! Lisa helped me make these fish out of paper lanterns:
decorations
We made pp&j and turkey sandwiches using ‘fish’ shaped bread:
food 2food 1
But I think the watermelon was a huge hit!
coley watermelonben eatingsam watermeloneating with our 3 year old
Before the party ended, we brought out the bubble machine! It was a lot of fun! bubblesbubbles 2bubbles 3
Then it was time for cupcakes and singing! I made some ‘squirt’ cupcakes – Lisa’s favorite Nemo character – and some m&m fish cupcakes.
squirt cupcakes singing
This is a video of Lisa while everyone was singing to her:
I think it’s hilarious – I’m pretty sure she thought we should pray before digging into cupcakes!
Blowing out her candle:
blowing
Digging in!
girls eating cupcakelisa's cupcakenate's cupcakesam's cupcake
Lisa opening presents from friends:
opening presentspresents 2presents 3nemo present
(She LOVES that Nemo animal – she has slept with it every night since…)
All tuckered out! She fell asleep on the way home with her balloon still in her hand!
sleeping

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails