So the (very much dreaded) day came for me to have oral surgery. June 20th. (Right before my mom flew into town to help me recover listen to me moan.)
The doctor needed to expose a tooth in the roof of my mouth that had never bothered to come down. (The nerve.) He also had to remove the baby tooth that was never pushed out thanks to said tooth never coming down. I was hoping to get my wisdom teeth removed at the same time, but it has to be postponed until after the baby comes. They like to knock you out for that sort of thing. But for the teeth pulling sort of thing, you can stay awake. Makes perfect sense.
The whole time, this scene kept playing in my mind (thanks to a certain movie that’s on a continual loop at our house):
The whole thing took just over an hour, and went just fine. (Despite words like ‘burning flesh’, ‘lots of seeping’ and ‘too much blood’ being used WAY more than my comfort level allows for!) The doctor attached a small bracket and tiny chain to the tooth that is now attached to my braces. I’m going in for regular orthodontic visits to allow them pull the tooth to its correct position. Another 18 months (give or take) and it should be done.
I don’t have any cool pictures to show, but they did give me the baby tooth to bring home and show my girls:
And no amount of urging could convince my husband to play tooth fairy and leave me something under my pillow for my LAST baby tooth. He did say he felt he was now married to an older, more ‘adult’ woman now. I guess I’ll take what I can get!
No comments:
Post a Comment