Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

28 Week Update

Wonderful news!! I'm officially in my third trimester! Two down, one to go!
This past week has actually been full of baby happenings. Allow me to fill you in.

Monday, I went to take my Glucose screening test. This entailed drinking a very sugary, orange-flavored drink (after first fasting), waiting about an hour while your body processes it, then getting my blood drawn and checked to see how well my body handles sugar and if I've developed gestational diabetes. The test itself was fine; the worst part was waiting around the office for an hour. All week I've been anxiously waiting to hear the results. I just don't know what I would do if they took sugar and fruits away from me! However, at my check-up today, I found out that everything came back normal! A little below average actually, which might help to explain why I'm continuing to struggle with light-headedness and nausea in the mornings. My doctor recommended eating more protein right before bed to see if that would help keep my blood sugar up through the night. So we'll see if that helps any...

Less exciting news: last Friday I had to make a trip down to the hospital to get my RhIG shot, as I'm Rh negative (and Matt is not). I was given a shot in my arm - very uneventful. Now we just wait and see what blood type the baby is as to whether or not I will need a follow up shot after she's born. (For those who don't know, this shot will help stop my body from producing the antibodies that attack a foriegn blood type, helping to protect future babies and ensuring they make it to term.)

Instead of posting a picture of me and my growing belly, I though I'd switch things up and post a picture of Matt instead!


This is a hilarious picture of him acting out how he has to hug me now! He thinks it is so funny how he has to reach ALL the way around my belly to hug me! And I still have three more months of growing to do...yikes!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update. Makes me feel closer to you even though the miles separate us. I'm very excited for you and Matt. Great picture of him!! Love you, Grandma

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails