Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Faith (and giggles) like a child

I have a funny story to share about Lisa learning to walk:

A few days ago, when we would stand in front of her, trying to get her to walk to us, she thought it was the funniest thing! Like we were playing a new little game.
She would stand in front of Matt, and then just fall straight forward, knowing he would catch her. Like some kind of trust-exercise! Then she'd giggle and giggle and want to do it again. So Matt would plant her upright again a few feet away, and she'd try to fall flat on her face all over again! Sometimes catching her just inches from the ground - those would get the loudest giggles!

I think she's since forgotten about it. She's continuing to practice walking, and still just taking a few steps at a time.

On an only vaguely related note, here's the end of tickle time with dad that I was able to catch on video for your entertainment:

I don't know about you, but it makes me smile!

1 comment:

  1. Oh to have the faith of a child. Sometimes I wish they wouldn't have as much faith...like just assuming you are going to catch them even when you aren't looking...but it really is convicting. Wish my faith in Jesus was a lot more like her faith in Matt. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails