We had a great Easter this year!
Church was wonderful. I got to spend time helping in the nursery (with all the itty bitty babies!) and then Matt and Lisa joined me for the second hour. Lisa was a real trooper all day, even though she was still getting over her cold (the one we keep passing around to each other).
Unfortunately we didn't get a family picture (a fact I'm still mourning...) and Lisa decided to 'get sick' on her cute dress before we got a shot of her. Oh well.
Afterwards, we joined our good friends Jeff and Tiffany for a big Easter meal. We brought a few sides and they provided amazing ribs! Delicious!

After lunch when the little ones were napping, we played the board game Settlers with Jeff, Tiffany, and their friend Craig who was visiting. And I've decided I'm liking that game more and more since (by sheer chance) I keep winning when we play them! One of these days my smack talking will catch up with me, but until then, I'm enjoying keeping Jeff on his toes!
Enjoy this rare shot of the two of us concentrating!

When the kiddos woke up, they had fun running around playing together.

Here's Lisa trying to get in on some scrapes!!

You'd think we never feed her!
Recently, Matt and I have had fun talking and coming up with ideas and traditions from both of our backgrounds regarding what to do on holidays for our little family. (Lucky for us, we're still able to be in the 'talking' stage since Lisa is still so young. That won't always be the case.)
We have several ideas of ways to bring in Christ's resurrection (the whole point of Easter, after all), that we can't wait to start when Lisa gets a little older. But we'll probably also do Easter baskets. You know, they're very practical.
This year Matt's mom sent us a 'family basket'. Lisa got the fun books and toys, while we got our fill of chocolate! I'm a big fan of getting to 'share' my daughter's loot!
A really fun gift was an extra copy of Pat the Bunny.

I just learned that when Matt was little, he loved the book so much, he completely 'patted' the bunny away! So in the event the same thing happens with our little girl, we're already prepared with a second copy!
Thanks Mom, on behalf of all of us, for all the goodies!
Church was wonderful. I got to spend time helping in the nursery (with all the itty bitty babies!) and then Matt and Lisa joined me for the second hour. Lisa was a real trooper all day, even though she was still getting over her cold (the one we keep passing around to each other).
Unfortunately we didn't get a family picture (a fact I'm still mourning...) and Lisa decided to 'get sick' on her cute dress before we got a shot of her. Oh well.
Afterwards, we joined our good friends Jeff and Tiffany for a big Easter meal. We brought a few sides and they provided amazing ribs! Delicious!
After lunch when the little ones were napping, we played the board game Settlers with Jeff, Tiffany, and their friend Craig who was visiting. And I've decided I'm liking that game more and more since (by sheer chance) I keep winning when we play them! One of these days my smack talking will catch up with me, but until then, I'm enjoying keeping Jeff on his toes!
Enjoy this rare shot of the two of us concentrating!
When the kiddos woke up, they had fun running around playing together.
Here's Lisa trying to get in on some scrapes!!
You'd think we never feed her!
Recently, Matt and I have had fun talking and coming up with ideas and traditions from both of our backgrounds regarding what to do on holidays for our little family. (Lucky for us, we're still able to be in the 'talking' stage since Lisa is still so young. That won't always be the case.)
We have several ideas of ways to bring in Christ's resurrection (the whole point of Easter, after all), that we can't wait to start when Lisa gets a little older. But we'll probably also do Easter baskets. You know, they're very practical.
This year Matt's mom sent us a 'family basket'. Lisa got the fun books and toys, while we got our fill of chocolate! I'm a big fan of getting to 'share' my daughter's loot!
A really fun gift was an extra copy of Pat the Bunny.

I just learned that when Matt was little, he loved the book so much, he completely 'patted' the bunny away! So in the event the same thing happens with our little girl, we're already prepared with a second copy!
Thanks Mom, on behalf of all of us, for all the goodies!

Love the pictures. :) Glad you could come over...we had a blast!! And you are going down! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks to you we HAVE pictures!! We really had a great time too!
ReplyDelete