Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

First Sewing Project

This week I've finally tackled my first sewing project! It's been something I've always wanted to try, and finally did! My sweet friend Angela spent several hours with me, helping me figure out how to cut out and piece together a pattern similar to the pajamas my grandma had made for me and my siblings to wear as babies.

This first try we deemed as a practice set. (So we used some green scrap fabric.) And although the collar gave us some difficulties, I'm really thrilled with how it turned out! Here's a front and back view:


And just for fun, I'd thought I'd post a photo of the original inspiration! Here's my brother Chad (playing dress-up) in the pajamas my Grandma made.

Thanks Chad, for letting me post some wonderful memories at your expense!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails