This past weekend, Matt & I were able to enjoy a belated anniversary present: a night at a Bed & Breakfast!
It was our first night away as a couple without Lisa - and it was wonderful! Knowing she was in excellent hands, we were able to really relax and enjoy our short get-away. And the best part was that it was right here in Yorktown, so the travel time was nothing!

Pictures of our room:


We were in the President's Room. It had pictures and information about all the presidents born in Virginia. (Um, I think half of all our presidents were born in Virginia!)
Here's our little deck - which we really enjoyed in the morning:


Also, it wouldn't be our family blog if I didn't mention one of the most exciting features: our bathroom had a bidet! It was a great source of entertainment!!

We were able to enjoy a really nice dinner (without feeding a 15 month old constantly!) We had a nice view of the York River, and actually got to see the drawbridge go up for a warship while eating!

It was such a nice short get-away! I think it was an excellent way to celebrate our anniversary, and we both left feeling refreshed and re-connected. (And I was just beginning to miss Lisa - it's a good thing it wasn't 2 nights!)
It was our first night away as a couple without Lisa - and it was wonderful! Knowing she was in excellent hands, we were able to really relax and enjoy our short get-away. And the best part was that it was right here in Yorktown, so the travel time was nothing!
Pictures of our room:


We were in the President's Room. It had pictures and information about all the presidents born in Virginia. (Um, I think half of all our presidents were born in Virginia!)
Here's our little deck - which we really enjoyed in the morning:
Also, it wouldn't be our family blog if I didn't mention one of the most exciting features: our bathroom had a bidet! It was a great source of entertainment!!
We were able to enjoy a really nice dinner (without feeding a 15 month old constantly!) We had a nice view of the York River, and actually got to see the drawbridge go up for a warship while eating!
It was such a nice short get-away! I think it was an excellent way to celebrate our anniversary, and we both left feeling refreshed and re-connected. (And I was just beginning to miss Lisa - it's a good thing it wasn't 2 nights!)

No comments:
Post a Comment