Because of all the furniture we moved around making room for Samantha, we ended up putting this little rocking chair in the nursery. It has actually gone through several re-creations. I thought that I had already posted some of these photos, but realized I never did, so here you go.

This is my $5 garage sale find, from back in college. Not so beautiful. But it reminded me of the little rocking chair my mom has in the same style. I'm glad I went ahead and picked it up!

When I moved to Albuquerque, I striped the rotting fabric off and gave it an overall cleaning. Then I gave re-upholstering a shot, and stuck it in our guest room. Much better, but far from perfect.

When we decided we were going to put this in the girls' room, I wanted to give it one more try. After priming it, we painted it white, and choose a fabric that would work well in just about any room. And I love how it turned out!! So fresh and clean!
(And if I try to re-do this chair ONE more time, someone, please stop me!)

This is my $5 garage sale find, from back in college. Not so beautiful. But it reminded me of the little rocking chair my mom has in the same style. I'm glad I went ahead and picked it up!

When I moved to Albuquerque, I striped the rotting fabric off and gave it an overall cleaning. Then I gave re-upholstering a shot, and stuck it in our guest room. Much better, but far from perfect.
When we decided we were going to put this in the girls' room, I wanted to give it one more try. After priming it, we painted it white, and choose a fabric that would work well in just about any room. And I love how it turned out!! So fresh and clean!
(And if I try to re-do this chair ONE more time, someone, please stop me!)
No comments:
Post a Comment