Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy Memorial Day, Everyone!


Well it's been a season of babies around here!
Matt's brother James and his wife Leslie had their first baby boy on May 11th: Peyton August Stafford! Leslie labored 39 hours with him - can you imagine?? (It's the stuff of my nightmares...)



Peyton at a week old - so adorable, so worth it!



Matt and I don't have any big plans for Memorial Day. Just hanging around, wishing and waiting on a baby to appear! My last Doctor appointment went well, although I hadn't made any new progress. I am still at 1.5 cm dilated and 50% effaced as of last Thursday. Although a little discouraged that I hadn't changed any since the previous week, at least it's a little something. Only 12 more days until D-Day... and hopefully she won't overstay her welcome!

In the spirit of Memorial Day (and at the very least, celebrating a 3 day weekend), Matt and I grilled bratwursts and corn. Apparently a bit more preparation needs to go into cooking 'fresh' bratwurst, opposed to the pre-cooked kind... So here's hoping that we didn't food-poison ourselves! They were good, nonetheless!



(We had to eat inside, because, get ready for this: it was actually raining outside! It's been rainy and cloudy all weekend - a nice break from the heat, just unfortunate it fell on this weekend.)

2 comments:

  1. Peyton is really cute! Look at all his hair...it's so great! Hang in there, Elisabeth will be here sooner than you know it! Happy Memorial Day!
    I love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Uncle Matt and Aunt Kathryn. Peyton is adorable! We have a beautiful Memorial Day here in Dallas, and a quiet one for me. Your brats sounded good. I am praying for an "on time" arrival for Elisabeth Joy...it won't be long now.
    Loads of love and hugs,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails