For the past 6 months or so, I've been a daily reader of her (award-winning) blog, and a huge fan of her cookbook. She's teaching me how to speed up death with her butter laden recipes! And I don't even mind because they're just so delicious! And Matt loves everything I make of hers: cinnamon rolls, bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers, pot roast, steak sandwiches. I could go on and on. We're definitely not hurting in the food department around here!
So when I heard that she was coming to DC, and several of my friends were planning on going to see her, I was trilled! Matt encouraged me to go (really, when is she going to be in this area again?) and watched Lisa for me.
So 3 friends and myself drove 3 hours up to Fairfax, VA, to wait for 2 hours to see the Pioneer Woman, stand in line another 2 hours, and then drive 3 hours back. Was it worth it?? You better believe it!!
So when I heard that she was coming to DC, and several of my friends were planning on going to see her, I was trilled! Matt encouraged me to go (really, when is she going to be in this area again?) and watched Lisa for me.
So 3 friends and myself drove 3 hours up to Fairfax, VA, to wait for 2 hours to see the Pioneer Woman, stand in line another 2 hours, and then drive 3 hours back. Was it worth it?? You better believe it!!
My road-trip buddies: Tiffany, Jenn, and Ginny
A good one of Tiffany and I
A shot of the craziness around us. Still about an hour before the event. I can't even guess how many women were there - but think hundreds. Multiple hundreds.
Here's Ree Drummond, the Pioneer Woman
And here she is taking a picture of me!
I have to admit, I've delayed in posting this because I kept waiting for her to post a picture of me on her blog! For the life of me, I can't understand why she hasn't yet!
Here's our little group, getting our books signed
And then we all went and got a burrito at Chipotle, making our day complete.
It was a cra-zazy trip, but I'm so glad that we did it! It was great getting to know you better and I'm looking forward to the fun ahead. :)
ReplyDelete