Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Leaf Peeping - Part I


Last weekend we took a short family trip to western Virginia. Matt and I have been wanting to check out some awesome fall leaves for a while now, and it was perfect timing for a small family vacation. Apparently the locals call it 'leaf peeping', so I've adopted the term. Cracks me up.

Lisa got a new 'car toy' for the road trip: 
and loved it! 


On our way up, we stopping in Charlottsville to check out Monticello. 
 The girls were SO glad to be out of the car! 

We arrived early, so we ate lunch in Mitchy's Tavern, a cute, historic place that was recommended to us.

It had great food, but I'm afraid all we'll remember is that this is where Sam fell out of her stroller. In large part because Lisa won't let us forget! (I thought she didn't need to be strapped in...oops!)

It was the slowest fall you've ever seen, and Sam was fine. In fact, Matt watched it happen, but was trapped and couldn't reach her in time. But no worries, only half of the restaurant saw it happen!

Anytime someone would come talk to us, or ask Lisa how old she was, or were even within a few yards of us, Lisa would proudly tell them, "Sam fell down! Sam fell down!" 

Nice. (Our only saving grace was the fact most people couldn't understand her.) 

Yay for talking 2 year olds!

Having fun in the leaves after lunch!

These are some pictures from Monticello. We really enjoyed the tour - and the girls were great for it!

 

Both girls slept the remainder of the trip that day.


Before we crashed for the night, we went to IHOP for dinner, and Lisa got a free smiley-face pancake for Halloween. We then went to a Chick-fil-a playground to let the girls run around and burn off energy. Lisa still talks about that pancake and slide as her favorite part of the trip!

I'll post about the rest of our trip next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails