Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Advent


For a while now, I've been on the search for an Advent calendar that might work for our family. When I ran across Ann Voskamp's Jesse Tree Advent Devotional, I was excited to try it out!

If you’ve never heard of a Jesse Tree before, it’s an advent devotional that tells the story of God’s plan for salvation starting with the creation story, through the Old Testament to the coming of the Messiah. Each day has a family devotional with a special ornament that gets hung on your Jesse Tree, which can be whatever you'd like it to be.

I printed and laminated the ornaments (of course!), and found this small Christmas tree for a few bucks which now resides on our kitchen table.

With so much going on this month, we've really enjoyed looking forward to reading advent scriptures every evening. And who knows, maybe some of its sinking into Lisa's head!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it a neat book? Our book travels with Gus so that wherever he is, the Jesse tree is with him... I need to get our ornaments laminated! I can't wait to have a house to keep it in one place. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails