Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Cookie Decorating

Saturday morning rolled around, and I actually got to enjoy sleeping in! Several ladies got up early to help Marlboro Man feed wild mustangs in a few of their pastures. The few dozen horses I saw while driving in really were beautiful!

Soon people started arriving, and things started happening. Two amazing chefs, Lia and Tiffany, came in from the big city (Tulsa) and prepared us an amazing lunch!




After lunch, we got down to business - decorating cookies! Ree had invited Bridget from Bake at 350 to be our guest presenter! (Bridget wrote about the day here, and has included some great pictures.)


Not only incredibly sweet, she was incredibly talented as well! She had no problem jumping right in and showing us a few of her tips and tricks. She first showed us how to properly make Royal Icing, which is best for decorating.


And she showed us exactly how thick it should be in order to become great for piping.


She also showed us the proper technique for thinning icing, called 'flooding'.


This makes the cookies have a nice smooth surface, and look incredibly fancy when it dries.


Ree goes into much more technical detail, and steps through the whole process, if you'd like to check it out.

We then all got our hands dirty decorating!


And had so much fun learning from Bridget!


Apparently, I take my cookie decorating work very seriously, judging from the look of concentration on my face!


Here's what I ended up with:


I believe this amazing Santa was Twinkie's creation:


I'm not sure who's this is, but it made me smile. I'm sure it tasted pretty good!


These finished ones of Bridget's look pretty amazing, huh?


And if all this wasn't enough, before finishing, Bridget showed us the way around printing images on icing paper.


I just hope I don't forget everything I learned!
Several friends are coming over this coming weekend for an impromptu 'Pioneer Woman Cookie Decorating Party'. I'm thinking about trying out my new techniques on them!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! Christy designed it, that was one of the things we had fun working on in OK. Isn't she talented??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails