This year for Christmas I tried to make several handmade gifts. And I wanted to do something special for the girls.
Lisa got a rag doll. This was actually a gift we brought with us to the hospital for her when she came to meet Samantha, but it was completely ignored due to all the craziness going on at the time. So we 're-gifted' it to her on Christmas.

I had also made Lisa a diaper with velcro straps for her dolls, but it was victim to some unfortunate calculations. Matt and I call it the 'diaper thong'. The good news is that it fits all her bears wonderfully and she loves playing with it! I'll just need to figure out a new pattern before I try any more.
Samantha's special gift was a small stuffed giraffe.

(We tucked it inside the stocking my mom made for her! Thanks mom!)
She was obviously thrilled, as you can see:

Here's the other side of it:

Samantha also got lots of burp rags and a diaper changing pad/clutch.


And I made myself a new nursing cover. For fun.

Lisa got a rag doll. This was actually a gift we brought with us to the hospital for her when she came to meet Samantha, but it was completely ignored due to all the craziness going on at the time. So we 're-gifted' it to her on Christmas.
I had also made Lisa a diaper with velcro straps for her dolls, but it was victim to some unfortunate calculations. Matt and I call it the 'diaper thong'. The good news is that it fits all her bears wonderfully and she loves playing with it! I'll just need to figure out a new pattern before I try any more.
Samantha's special gift was a small stuffed giraffe.
(We tucked it inside the stocking my mom made for her! Thanks mom!)
She was obviously thrilled, as you can see:
Here's the other side of it:
Samantha also got lots of burp rags and a diaper changing pad/clutch.
And I made myself a new nursing cover. For fun.

i can tell you've been working on the sewing machine a LOT! great job!
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the gifts! I like the giraffe with the tag hair the best. Did you invent that one?
ReplyDeleteThanks you guys!
ReplyDeleteAngela - I owe you a big thanks because you helped show me the ropes and overcome my fear of my new sewing machine!
Sarah - I like the giraffe too! And no - I'm not quite confident in my sewing abilities to invent fun things like that. The pattern can be found here: http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2009/04/basic-stuffed-animals.html